Friday, August 31, 2012

Catching Up

I spent the entire summer working 12 hour days and barely enjoying one day off a week. Thank goodness for this season of True Blood!  I watched many people enjoy their summer by going on trips to the beach and wonderful travels around the world.  I want to put it out there that although riding bikes through Paris, dancing in Dublin, strolling through P-Town and overnight stays at Fire Island and the Hampton's would have made for a perfect summer, I was very content slaving away at the office.  This summer is what I have been looking forward to for almost 4 damn years.

Its called paying dues.

One of the many things that helps me define myself, is my work ethic (and determination).  Since moving to NYC, I felt like I was severely lacking in that department.  Finding work here was close to impossible, and when I was employed, it was usually a terrible dead end job.  I tried to fill that void when I created StreetWalkersNYC.com.  As much as I loved that site and all of the doors it was opening, my heart was never completely in it.  Honestly, it came 2 years too late.  Had I started it when I first moved here, it would have made more sense and the content would have been better.  I am still very proud of what it was and even the potential it had.  

I just couldn't physically keep up with what it was turning into.  The picture taking, editing, interviewing, video recording and just all of that...it just couldn't continue with a 9 to 5 full time job.  I never officially ended SWNYC, I just stopped doing it.  I have had some people ask me about it and if I am going to do it again, but I don't have a solid answer. I know that at some point I will find a way to bring it back to life, but I don't have time for it just yet.

It aint over.

I am now on Instagram!  If you want to see my life through random pictures of the city and plenty of dirty mirrored narcissism, you can find me by my username; MikeMilan215

Here is what you have been missing:















No comments: