Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Yup.

Recently, I cut ties with a friend I have had for almost 8 years. It has been a long time coming and it feels great. This person has used me for every resource possible in the last few years. I am a bit angry but not as much as I thought I would be. I got by on the last few years of our friendship on the idea of "taking somebody for who they are." However, it got old and was harmful to me.

My feelings on this person is that he is a user. A user in every sense of the word. He gets into your good graces with his infectious personality and intelligent conversations, but when you take a closer look, its all a facade. What lies behind that fun attitude and intelligence is a person that will USE you for ALL that you have and leave you with nothing left. He wont even say thank you. Trust me, I know from seeing him use other people and even using me. I have a lot to say on this subject, but we unfortunately share some acquaintances and I have said enough.

I don't want to look petty.

FYI I don't cut friends off because of Twitter. Like a broken marriage, some friendships have you drinking the milk long after it has soured.

4 comments:

Moonie said...

I understand what you mean! I have had to let people go too. Sometimes relationships have their end. And sour milk does not do the body good.

Anonymous said...

I think we both were used by this person. Live and let live.
No regrets - just living life.

Eli Riche said...

I am glad that you cut this person off because you are a good ass friend. You listened to me when I was going through my issues and you gave advice and never once have you ever tried to use me. I love you for that, because being in the position that you were in when you came from Boston to NY, you could have but you didn't. if that friend used you for so long then they are not a friend, they are an adjective.

the_willz said...

i don't know you much but i think nobody should keep this kind of people around.
I can relate to your situation (kinda). Last September i broke up with my friend for 8-9yrs, she didn't even let me know what's up, just stopped talking to me and lately i tried to reach out to her (which ain't easy for me) and she couldn't care less. i just teaches me that some people doesn't worth your time and when it's done, it's done.
They're missing on you, that's their problem. that kind of people doesn't deserve you.

It is great u realized what kind of person that person was and made a move on it.