Thursday, March 31, 2011

Love Takes No Prisoners.

A lot of time has passed since I have written something personal.  Something I have been thinking about lately is how difficult it is to accept change when you are in a relationship.  As a person who has lots of pride in who I am today (and how I have gotten myself from A to B and back)...its almost painful to change it for the sake of being in a relationship.  Mind you, I love my relationship, but it almost feels as if I don't love myself as much as I used to. Like I don't know who I am changing into next, because its not all up to me anymore.  I mean, it is, but when in a relationship, if you want it to work, you cant just do what you want...you have to be considerate.  Being considerate means being able to compromise.

That has to be the most profound 3 syllable word ever.  It sounds so good in theory, but it can be such a jagged little pill.  I know that I live in my head and I often get in my own way, but I know that this will never get easier.  Love, regardless of what you think you know about it, is not meant to be easy. It is always a work in progress, and it needs lots of attention.  Love takes no prisoners.

I am in a very weird place right now.

3 comments:

Eli Riche said...

Mikey, I just now wrote a poem for my book (the second one) entitled, "The Brutally Funny Feeling Called Love," which is almost what you talked about but in poetry form. I feel you man. Sometimes you want to change to better things but you NEVER want to lose the old you or even part of you. I always have that fear that I may never get it back.

gusDon said...

Love is always free and it also imprisons the heart... But in love there is no apology, there is only love, care and attention!
We love it!

Anonymous said...

Love can be extremely perplexing. What love, if no battle? What battle, if no kiss? At times I try to find the missing pieces of where my past relationships have failed. In doing so, I feel that I lose myself.

This is one of the many blogs I have read and you continuously keep me coming for more. WORK! lol