Monday, March 12, 2007

Hopeful


I got my first review at my job today. I have been here for 2 years now but I was a temp for the first year. My review was pretty impressive. I was basically told that I have pretty much exceeded my position and that I should start looking for another position within the company that will challenge and pay me more. It feels good to be recognized. I show up to work everyday and bang out all of my projects. I have done close to everything possible and I have done it all well while multitasking.

So my supervisor is going to help me move up in the company, which makes me happier to go to work everyday. For a while I was getting slow at work because I was just so unchallenged and straight up bored. This is a great step in the right direction.

I bought that fuckin camera! It cost me A LOT of money but dammit!!! This is only going to help me. I have some ideas for projects lined up and I am so stoked! My motivation right now is "unconventional beauty." We are so trained to see why models are gorgeous: conventional good looks. You cant deny it. Tall, thin and beautifully structured faces are attractive. You may not want to date it..but you cant call somebody like Versace model ugly. However there is a certain beauty that we can find in somebody totally unconventional. We just don't notice it..because it is different. This is what I want to showcase. This blog will be blessed with my work once it happens.

I have a new musical obsession: Amy Winehouse. I usually don't care for artists from overseas who try to tackle American soul/R&B music. It just leaves a bad taste in my mouth. However, Ms. Winehouse is the real deal. Im not even going to do a bio because you will be hearing about her soon if you haven't already.
"We only said good-bye with words
I died a hundred times
You go back to her
And I go back to.....I go back to us"



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPajJXYwMKA

Amy Winehouse - Back to Black, In stores Tuesday, March 13th. Consider it a musical investment.

No comments: