Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Like an Iceberg

That is what we all are.  The tip is what we see, but there is a huge base under all of that water. I somehow have been avoiding getting wet by staying above the water. How unrealistic and cowardly of me to ignore all of the things that have allowed me to float. I always talk about baby steps, but I haven't taken any steps in months. Everything has just stopped but I have been hiding behind any and everything possible. 

None of this has been intentional...I would never intentionally hurt myself. I love to live and I love myself. But taking a step back from it all, I can see a pattern that I would easily point out in somebody else.  

I have no idea what I want right now, but all of this confusion, laziness, denial and hiding is going to end up pushing me in the right direction. In my life, pain has always created beauty.

Thru all of this, I am still optimistic. 

No comments: