Thursday, September 29, 2005

New York/Thirsty

This post is actually boring. But I did it for myself so I can come back and remember this weekend. It was nice.

I spent last weekend in NY with a very close friend of mine. We had a very chill laid back weekend with a splash of Diva Dance at the Roxy. I left Boston at 11:30pm on Thursday and got into NY a litte bit before 3:30am Friday. Can I tell you I hauled ass to get that damn 11:30 train! I ran through every station to get to that bus. And for those that don't know I am quite the sweater...I sweat all the time...so imagine me running with bags. Awfull.

So yeah, by the time I got on that bus i realized that I was really thirsty. I started searching for gum or candy in my pockets so I could have something to chew on to build up the saliva in my mouth (dont that sound gross? it works though.) but I found nothing. I started to panic thinking maybe I was gonna die of thirst on the chinatown bus just because i wanted to avoid Friday traffic. I thought about my options and made a few phone calls and mentioned to all parties how thirsty I was. Apparantly nobody cared because they were either getting ready for bed or a club. So I thought about how sometimes when Im really tired and I'll just go to bed thirsty because I was too lazy to get off my bed. So I went to sleep.

I made it to chinatown and took a cab to my friends house in Brooklyn. As soon as I walked into his house I went straight to the fridge....from Boston to the BK with not a lick of fuckin liquids! So yeah...enough about thirst.

Friday was very chill. We chilled around the house all day and had some friends over. I caught up with another good friend of mine and watched Diary of a Mad Black Woman. I have to own that movie now. All I got to say is "Call the Po Po Ho." I love you Kaseem. I don't care how long we don't interact for...everytime we talk or hang out I realize how great of a person you are. Thank you for being "you." ::wink wink::

Saturday was kinda busy. We drove into the city and went into Puma so I could buy a bag. I asked the lady at the register if I could have it and she smiled. I paid for it. After that I chilled with somebody who does GAP commercials. Don't ask. It was late by the time I left the GAP's house and I went to meet up with 2 of my house sisters at Escuelita's. Since I was in the area I visited my BF (yes he went to...but he was with hanging with his peoples...seperate is good...trust me) at his hotel in Times Square. It was more of a check in. I love him so much. ::sigh::

After the check in I went over to meet my sisters. We chilled for about an hour and I realized how tacky and tired that club was. So I left and headed over to the Roxy. I met up with my friend from Brooklyn and some other people. And my BF showed up with his peoples...so we spent a good portion of the night together. Did I mention I love him? Anyhoo I saw a lot of boozing and drug taking in that club. Like...a lot. Im deffinately not Diva Dance material. But I am glad I went and I will most likely go a few more times and never go back. Its a pattern. lol


Anyhoo if you got this far thanks. Im tired of writing......

No comments: