Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Acceptance.

It has been raining for days and Im sure you might have heard about the terrible floods we have been having. Along with flooded basements and lost days, I somehow managed to slip into a sudden sadness. The sadness I beleive is apart of my acceptance. The acceptance that no matter how hard I love this man, I can't make him love me back. Never was there an intention to rekindle anything but I have carried this huge desire to be a friend to somebody who I shared my life with for the past few years. As I type this, I am still a little down but I hate to be the person that I have become. Weak with hope.

At around 6:50pm today I noticed this beautiful bright light come thru the window as I mopped the bathroom. It was the sun. The sun finally shined and I felt so inspired. I don't want to be like this anymore and I cannot stress that enough. I have seen the worst of me and I have done things that embarass me to no end. But I understand it is part of the process of getting over what I have been put thru (by myself and by "you").

I will give myself some credit because for every few steps I have taken..I have maybe taken one step back when caught off gaurd. I may not be ready to love again, but I will because thru this relationship I saw what unconditional love looks like...and I would do it over again...even if its with somebody else.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Again another thoughtful blog.

danielito said...

I applaud you once again...very well put...