Saturday, June 30, 2007

A Hero Next Door.

My first band pictures! It was a new experience for me because I am used to subjects that are meant to be looked upon as beautiful. I am not saying these guys are ugly, but they are a rock band...totally different direction. I like the outcome...but Im sure I will love the next time I get together with these guys. As usual, they were a little tense at first, but again, next time will be different. I plan on working with everybody I have worked with already for more shots. None of the people I have worked with are used to being in these kinds of pictures. So I am breaking them in.

One of my goals was to take everyday people and present them in a different light. Taking pictures of models is really easy because really gorgeous people look good in almost any pic. I am not knocking people who use models, that would be hypocritical of me being that models are my next step, but straying from the technical beauty is a challenge. Especially when you are like me...I am not trained at all. This is self development, and I must say that I am a little poud of myself.

Thanks for reading this far, and I hope you enjoy the pics as much as I enjoyed taking them.
Jessica, thanks for your help.

Mike Milan










http://www.aheronextdoor.com/

http://www.myspace.com/aheronextdoor

No comments: