Thursday, June 19, 2008

Desire VS Expectation

I was talking to one of my friends the other day, and we got into a good conversation about what I want out of a certain situation. Upon discussing different scenarios, a thought popped into my head: our desires are not the same as our expectations. Its a simple concept to grasp, and yet I think we are all a little guilty of letting our desires cloud our judgment. I know I am (guilty of such).

In the absence of employment, I seem to have quite a few desires. Some more materialistic while others are...well..personal. Lately, I have been a little out of character and somewhat needy with the people around me because I have pretty much run out of things to do and I am bored out of my mind. So bored, I may finally learn how to drive a damn car.

The only thing I want that I actually expect to get, is a job. Everything and everybody else..it will happen if it happens.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I HEARD THAT! SHIT, IM IN THE EXACT...EXACT SAME BOAT AS YOU TO A T. POINT WELL PUT MIKEY!

Anonymous said...

Very true, desire can even seem like a "need". Good luck with the job hunt. God speed! But I'm not gonna lie it's cool to have you blog more now that you're unemployed. Just sayin'