Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Nina needs a new home, again.

"If u were a person, I would tell u how important u are to the makings of me. I would tell u how u helped me stay strong and how important it was to my survival, that u never changed and always loved me the same. I would tell u that our walks this summer were some of the best moments I had all year. Seriously. When I brought u to the pond and u were amazed at the amount of water and ducks, I cried a little...because I knew I was leaving soon. I also knew that your road was going to be long like mine...and I wish we could share it together.

Here I sit in this Chipotle, by 36 and Madison wiping my face over my burrito (for real..lol).

I love u my baby girl and if I could bring u here, I would."

I wrote that on my cell phone and emailed it to myself. I was told via text message that my dog needs to find a new place to live. My friend who is watching her, received a messaged from her landlord stating that the dog has to go or she will be evicted. I totally understand and I am kool with the fact that she is choosing her housing over somebody else's dog. Wouldn't you?? I am very thankful that my friend was even able to take care of her for the last 2 months.

So yeah, I am a bit sad that she will be onto her 3rd new home. I feel like I may never get her back and if I do, she may be all weird and thinking she is not wanted. Animals get like that...they have feelings and they know when they are not wanted. Even if I never get her back again, I want her to be happy, healthy and loved. I know she is just a dog, but she also represents a very important chapter in my life and it saddens me that she has to suffer because I chose to leave her behind. I know what it is like to be left behind..and again, I know she is just a dog, but I feel guilty...

Anyhoo, this will workout even if I have to get back on that bus to find her a new home.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

what kind of dog is it mikey?