Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Down in Virgina.

I had the privilege of visiting my friend John and staying in his home. He is such an amazing person. I have met very few people with as much drive as him. This weekend I was able to see where a lot of his magic comes from. Everything from his diverse neighborhood, friends, family, school, job, old school hangouts and hot spots.

It was not like how we do when we are in NYC, this trip was far more organic. Everything about him is larger then life. Physically..he is a tall man, everything else follows suit. It was great to see this country-like surrounding helped create such a creative and cutting edge person. As soon as I got to his house, his Mom had already prepared Chicken Adobo. I never had it before, but it was great tasting and ethnic. It reminded me of my grandmothers cooking. She sang around the house and was very talkative, I could feel so much warmth from her and I saw a lot of that in John as well.

If you are ever around my Mom long enough, you will see the traits I have inherited from her...impatience and shady glares. lol

But yeah...it was a very relaxing weekend and I have a lot more respect for John (not that I ever lacked any..)

Not only do I consider him to be a good friend, but I see him as a person who is good for me. Sometimes you look up and you realize that somebody is good for you. He is far from perfect and I do not idolize him. That is just a set up for dissapointment. Nonetheless, he is a good influence and I appreciate him.

On a random note, he knows how to draw his mans face without looking at any pictures. You have to really love somebody to know their features inside and out.


Beautiful huh?




4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mike Milan said...

So..?

Anonymous said...

i did that shit for free and i loved every second of it

folkyboy said...

i love that shirt ;)