Thursday, August 14, 2008

Mirror, Mirror...

"when I dont have the strength, im just a mirror of what I see.."

That line has always struck a chord with me, Its from the Isley Brothers cover of At Your Best, sung by Aaliyah. Right now, I am feeling like that with where I live and who I surround myself with. I have a lot of mixed emotions about leaving this city, but one thing is for sure, I am allowed to feel good about being here now because I know I may not be here in another month and a half. That's it. If there wasn't a plan and I was just resigned to living here, I would be a different person. Probably unhappy and bitchy. lol

I walk around this neighborhood and I look at my dog, beautiful surroundings, nice neighbors and realize that no matter how tired I am of this lifestyle, it has been good to me and I am really going to miss it with all my heart, but change is the best remedy for complacency.

As far as people are concerned, I don't have it in me to give extra, I can't pull teeth and I can't make myself care for recklessness anymore. I have been disregarded and disrespected a few times this summer and I will say that it stung at first, but it no longer does. I now meet disregard and disrespect with a firm handshake because its easy to throw the trash out. Harsh, I know, but at this point, I can't do what I am trying to do AND figure other people out. Sorry, not gonna happen.
Wanna pull my ears? ha! Thats a dirty joke...I hope somebody gets it.

No comments: