Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Distraught?

On my way home from NYC I realized that my bank account was close to Zero dollars which is unheard of for me. I of coursed called my bank to see what was up with my balance and that's when I found out....I am a victim of Identity theft. The worst kind though (and most common). It was by a person who is close to me. Since Sunday night all the way up until a few minutes ago I have found out his pattern. First he must have acquired my Social Security number then applied for 3 credit cards, got at least 2 of them and maxed them out (totaling over 1,500) with cash advances and Western Union transactions. Once he maxed those out he then got lucky and got a hold of my new debit card in the mail. So of course he took all of my money while I was in NYC.

Not only is this going on but I have a roommate addicted to crack who has just been informed by my other roommate and I that he has to move out. He has been a crack head the whole time he has been here but we never put 2 and 2 together. We just thought he was weird...hey! we are busy people. Also the person (who I have known for 9 years and who I was trying to help...) who took my "identity" is addicted to crack as well. That is why he did what he did...so you can imagine how shitty this situation is for me. Not only did this person take my "identity," but he took a pair of my (limited addition) Adidas and a very important letter that my ex sent to me that included some money that he owed. I came home early everyday for a week waiting for that letter...and it never came.

Where does this leave me now? All over the place. I have missed work the last 2 days because this person has a key to my house and I have been busy trying to track down all of the creditors that I now have "credit with." Not only that but I am dealing with the police (I filed a police report) trying to get info thru me from the creditors because if the detectives call they have to get a subpoena (which takes a month).

I emailed my ex the situation because I wanted to let him know that I know why I didn't get his letter. We spoke for a while and he of course gave me the "Im so sorry this is happening to you.." talk. I appreciate it because...well..I believe him. He then emailed me with this statement:

In that letter, I wrote some things on how I felt that day and how much I miss everything....

Keep your head up.

Love,
D***nd

It opened up a little bit of those old wounds and made me really bitter because it would have been nice to have something tangible..something to look at and hold that validated all of these left over feelings. But it was taken from me...just like my money..and just like my Adidas.

Now I have to do all of this paperwork in order to get my life on track. Im so tired mentally and physically. There are no words that can express what is going thru my mind. I am a very spiritual person and I know that we are given only what we can handle. And yes I am talking about God.

On a random note..I have decided to be celibate. I am tired of regular sex and I would much rather save it for somebody worth dating. Plus...do u really wanna fuck with a guy with all of this shit going on? lol

There is hope out there...and I am reaching for it.

Love,
Mikey

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG Mikey, Im truly sorry to hear about this...I too was a victim of this a year ago, I know the amount of stress u must be going thru right now...no one deserves to have the privacy invaded is such a away and I hope everything turns out well for you...

wishing and hoping for the best
Miguel

Anonymous said...

Oh Fuckery! That TOTALLY sucks! I'm so sorry! But I am also a spiritual person- I can see how you're working through this. If you wanna get coffee (on me) and talk- let me know!

xoxo

Maximus Rex

Anonymous said...

Damn G0Mikey! I am really sorry that this is happening to you. You are not returning the evil, you are truly a good person. I on the other hand am not and would have searched and found that so-called friend and BEAT HIS ASS!

Anonymous said...

I think I would be in jail right now because somebody would have gotten their ass beat!!!! For someone close to you to do that is the lowest of low.

Anonymous said...

"In this universe that we know there is great injustice, and often the good suffer, and often the wicked prosper, and one hardly knows which of those is the more annoying."

Bertrand Russell (1872 - 1970)

Keep yah head up Mikey...A true crime occurred and I still can't believe that punk is still walking around with his two legs still intact!